1. Link the case for change to your ‘finance’ plan.
2. Integrate and align the change – make it a topic of all your meetings and regular conversations.
3. Role model the new vital behaviours that will support successful change adoption.
4. Move people from change-resistant to change ready – focus on vital change behaviours and what’s in it for them.
5. Focus on impact above cost – success is whether the project delivers lasting behavioural change; not milestones and smiley faces.
6. Communicate, communicate, communicate the burning platform multiple times using different methods, sometimes buy-in is only achieved at the 20th or 30th iteration.
7. Listen closely and involve people in the change process – understand their underlying fears.
8. Use early adopters as change champions to convert others to believers.
9. Have empathy for where others are on the change curve and their pace of change.
10. Listen to critical views – sometimes they are nuggets of gold.
11. Test, learn and adapt – change is neither linear nor a box-ticking exercise.
12. Measure – add feedback loops & measure the effectiveness of behavioural change.
@ Talita Ferreira
Finance Inspired 4 Success powered by Authentic Change Solutions