“Identify what you are feeling and where you are as a leader”
As leaders, we are like a contagion. How we show up will impact our teams.
#Leadingvirtually is no different. We might be #feelingpressure and dealing with the #crisisplanning one moment at a time. It is important to show up as calm and optimistic but also realistic.
If we don’t understand where we are it will be very hard to self-lead ourselves to something different.
Follow this three-step process:
· Identify and acknowledge where you are
· Set an intention and exercise your choice to move
· Identify what you would rather be feeling and thinking
Identify what you are feeling and experiencing. Is it frustration, fear, anxiety, confusion, disbelief about what has happened? Acknowledge the #feelings without judging them.
Decide that you want and intend something different. Write down a few alternatives for instance, this is an #opportunity:
· for my own and team growth or
· to experience new connections and
· I am not alone, I can get advice from others.
Whenever your thoughts and feelings migrate back, acknowledge them, don’t judge and #choosedifferently.
Please share what you have been feeling?
© Authenticity Change Solutions
Visit FinanceInspired4Success for a free CPD course and other leadership training