In the current climate #change is the one constant.
When implementing #technologychanges in #finance or implementing #businesspartnering, we need to consider critical change elements.
In the coming weeks, I will share my learnings from the many #changeprojects I have implemented and consulted on.
A good place to start is why change traditionally fails. Rather than sharing a negative list, the failures are phrased as questions to stimulate thoughts.
• Are all leaders aligned with the change and are there enough #sponsors at the board level?
• What is the compelling case for change that links to the strategy?
• Can you articulate the change and explain it in a way that engages teams?
• Are you focussed rigidly on planning or remaining agile – testing and learning as you go along?
• Do you have the right resources, skills and capabilities to lead the change?
• Are you focussed on implementing historical decisions or the vital change behaviours?
• Are the change activities aligned and integrated into daily activities or totally separate?
Are people and behavioural change your number one focus?
We underestimate the importance of people in change and investing in change-readiness.
Which classic #changefailures do you observe?
@ Talita Ferreira
1. Start with having a positive attitude and mindset –
positive vibes are infectious; our mood impacts on those around us
2. Be a Connected leader – share bits of yourself and
connect to the individuals around you
3. Set a clear direction – ideally brainstorm why the
team exists and how you add value together (purpose)
4. Empower individuals in your team – after setting
the purpose let them get on with delivering
5. Be a trusted supporter and take responsibility – be
there when they need you and things go wrong
6. Develop them beyond their own limiting beliefs –
help them to overcome what they fear most
7. Praise and recognise good work – doing this often
raises the spirits of the team
8. Be a good listener – hold back from thinking what
to do next and really listen for the messages within the words
9. Invest time in team activities – brainstorm
challenges together and stretch yourselves to find new ways of solving old
10. Be confident and believe in your own abilities
11. Share your failures – it makes you human and
12. Trust is the holy grail – get people to say what they really think and truly value their perspectives
Finance Inspired 4 Success powered by Authentic Change Solutions
@ Talita Ferreira