In the current climate #change is the one constant.
In the coming weeks, I will share my learnings from the many #changeprojects I have implemented and consulted on.
A good place to start is why change traditionally fails. Rather than sharing a negative list, the failures are phrased as questions to stimulate thoughts.
• Are all leaders aligned with the change and are there enough #sponsors at the board level?
• What is the compelling case for change that links to the strategy?
• Can you articulate the change and explain it in a way that engages teams?
• Are you focussed rigidly on planning or remaining agile – testing and learning as you go along?
• Do you have the right resources, skills and capabilities to lead the change?
• Are you focussed on implementing historical decisions or the vital change behaviours?
• Are the change activities aligned and integrated into daily activities or totally separate?
Are people and behavioural change your number one focus?
We underestimate the importance of people in change and investing in change-readiness.
Which classic #changefailures do you observe?
Visit FinanceInspired4Success for a free CPD course and other leadership training